Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vacation

The end of May we took a trip to Colorado for a family reunion on John's mom's side during Memorial Day weekend. On the way up we stopped in Seminole, OK. to visit my third cousins. We stayed with them for the night and then we drove through KS. and stopped in Burlington, CO for the night. (Burlington is on the boarder of CO. & KS.)  We made it to the lodge where we were going to stay for the weekend mid afternoon on Friday the 25th.

The drive through the mountains was beautiful!

On our way up to Glenwood Springs, CO we took Loveland Pass. It was beautiful!! We had a nice clear day so we were able to see the surrounding mountain-side quite clearly!


It was very windy and cold! I had James in the Moby wrap, and then my sweatshirt over both of us.



The Continental Divide.



God's creation is just breathtaking!

Our weekend was very nice. We visited with family, relaxed in our condo, and went on a hike. John went on a hike up the mountain with many of the extended family members. James and I hung back at the condo. Later that evening we went on a more mild hike that moms with babies could go on.
John on top of the mountain.

Seth sketching the mountain. They were the first ones to reach the summit.

Beautiful view!

This was the view (On a foggy afternoon) outside our condo.


We left Monday morning and met my friend Ali and her family for lunch. It was so nice to catch up with them!   After our visit with them we met with my aunt and cousin to catch up with them as well. The visits were fun! After that we headed North to Ft. Collins to have dinner with John's aunt and uncle and the rest of the Pedersen clan. I ended up with altitude sickness which I was getting in the afternoon (I just ignored it until we left to head north) so when we got to their house I just rested in a guest room.
We stayed the night at John's Grandma's and left the next morning for home. By the afternoon I was pretty much my old self again.
We made it home safely! It was so nice to be back home again! James did great on the trip, but like me and John, was ready to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment